Data Collectoris Android-based application that helps to collect data from many sensors and send it in JSON format to unlimited number of servers using HTTP, HTTPS, Web Socket, Web Socket Secure protocols with specified sample interval or at time periods assigned in cron format.
How it works
- Text sensor, that transfers any text.
- Mosaic sensor that presents a frame of any size, where any required color can be assigned to any cell.
- XY sensor, that transfers the value of the assigned Y(X) function.
Why Data Collector?
- The Application design is responsive both for small smartphone screens and big tablet screens.
- The Application interface is understandable and succinct, that allows to focus on data received from Bluetooth devices.
- All operations start after one or two clicks. No need to do multiple click to start operation.
- You are provided with a full control over data collection and transfer, you can set any interaction parameter based on your needs.
- It has comparatively small size, that allows you to install and run it on devices with different capability.
- It is supported by Android 4.3 and later devices.
By installing this application you will get
- An efficient tool for collecting and transferring sensors data, which can be adjusted per you demands.
- An opportunity to concentrate on developing new and/ or exploring existing algorithms for processing data at server side using any favorable programming language or system.
- An opportunity to create unique and marketable server applications for life, study and for fun by using data received from mobile devices with the help of Data Collector.
- To use mobile device with loaded Data Collector as a part of lager system, which requires some characteristics measurement.
- An opportunity to arrange distributed data collection from mobile devices and transferring it to single center for processing by using artificial intelligence technologies and computer-based education in these centers.
Data Collector includes four modules:
Adding of guest sensors is initiated by pressing button, which activates dialog window. In this dialog window sensor type and name are supposed to be indicated. Upon saving the sensor, it will appear in the list of elements of Sensors module. Pressing such element will open a screen where a new name of the sensor can be assigned or the sensor can be switched on/off as well as required values of the sensor can be assigned. In the top left corner of guest sensors there is a menu with Clear Sensor, Delete Sensor, Settings commands. In Settings setting of current sensor data mode is available (updating of sensor value in tasks):
- Manually (data is updated upon pressing button).
- Upon changes (data is updated upon any change of sensor value).
- Periodic (data is updated in assigned period in seconds. Period can be assigned in the text field below).
- Text Sensor, that transfers any text.
- Mosaic Sensor presents arbitrary size-matrix, where you can assign any color to any cell. On sensor's screen the matrix size and current color for cells filling can be assign. Matrix scale is manually changeable and scrollable. To fill the cell with a color, make a single click on it. Double click will clear it. For continual cells filling first make a long press on a start cell, and then move your finger on filled cells.
- XY sensor, that transfers the value of the assigned Y(X) function. X value interval and Y(X) function formula are to be assigned by user. X value is changeable in tree ways: entering the number, decreasing or increasing the current X value for a set step, using cyclic slider bar. In Y(X) function formula the following can be used: operators, constants and functions described here.
New server adding will be available after pressing button, that opens dialog window for entering server parameters. In this window the following can be indicated: the name and URL of the server, login and password is authorization is required, set/ reset of "Enable" flag, as well as WS protocols separated by commas for Web Socket and Web Socket Secure.
The following URL scheme is applied <protocol>://<host>[:<port>][</script>], where
<protocol> - http, https, ws, wss,
<host> - IP address or domain name of the server,
<port> - the number of TCP port, which listens the server for request receipt,
</script> - server program, that processes data from sensors.
Parameters enclosed in square brackets are optional.
Pressing list element in this module opens the same dialog window as at new server adding, where any above mentioned server parameter can be changed as well as server deleted by pressing "Delete" button.
Servers with set "Enable" flags and correct URLs are used in tasks. If servers status is "unknow" for a long time, then first check these two parameters correctness.
Each list element of this module included the following:
- Task name.
- The list of sensors, the data of which is sent to server.
- The name of the server, the data is sent for.
- Task execution status (running, disable, invalid cron-pattern).
- Schedule parameters. Simple schedule requires indication of sampling period from 1 to 60000 ms. For cron-format schedule a cron-sample shall be assigned, for example */1 * * * *, number of samples and sampling period in ms.
Pressing the list element in this module will open the same dialog window as at task adding, where any above mentioned task parameter can be changed as well as task can be deleted by pressing Delete button. If Enable flag was reset and Save button pressed or a task was deleted, then the task immediately would stop execution.
- Servers timeout from 1 to 5 sec., after which server will be considered unavailable.
- Data format, where in dialog window you may indicate whether to switch or not to switch UUID transmittance of mobile device, task name, sensors names, units of measurement of sensors data.
- Background Service flag. If the flag is set, then tasks will continue to run even after Data Collector closure.
- Home screen enables to set chosen module running upon application start.
- Screen orientation (automatic, portrait, landscape) enables to set screen behavior during mobile device orientation change.
- UUID assigns a unique identifier of mobile device by which it's data packages can be identified from other mobile devices, if they all send data to the same.
In About the App section you will find Application summary, follow the link to the Manual and learn about our other applications.
UniSmart.Tech guaranties that while using Data Collector sensors data of your mobile device will be sent only to the servers specified by you.